Welcome to the website of 1st Weaverham Sea Scouts!
(To see all news articles, please go to “All news“.)
Well, we did it! Nothing like being ambitious. Despite our lack of experience in the finer workings of zoom, we decided to offer our sections the opportunity to take part in our virtual family camp. If things had been normal the cubs and scouts would have been away at Blackwell Court for their annual Camp. …
So has it been another good year? Scout Hall. Plans for the replacement hall are progressing under the continuing expert oversight of Brian. He has relentlessly pursued funding sources with some disappointments despite huge efforts but also some notable successes. To date, including funds held before fundraising began, we have reached about two-thirds of our …
The group was formally established on 24 July 1927. In the 90+ years since we’ve had many ups and down and the start of 2020 will stay in history as one of them. Until March we had lots of scouting activities at all levels including camping, boating, hiking, making, playing, and learning. Since the lockdown …
About our group
Here we hope you will find everything you need to know about our Group; but if you have any questions, please Contact Us to leave a message and we’ll get back to you.
We are a friendly group and we value our links to our local community. We have four active sections, all of which are open to boys and girls:
- Beavers, for ages 6-8, meet on Tuesday evenings during term-time, between 6:15 and 7:15pm
- Cubs are aged between 8 and 10½, and meet on Mondays between 6:30 and 8:00pm
- Scouts, for ages 10½ to 14, meet on Friday evenings between 7:00 and 9:00pm (except during the summer when boating at Budworth, when we start at 6:30pm)
- And then there is a District Explorer unit, for those aged up to 18. Their meetings are often flexible but they can usually be found at the Scout Hall on Fridays after 9:00pm
Can you help us?
If you shop at Amazon, you can now support us whenever you make a purchase……
Just follow this link:
Or sign up to easyfundraising ……
Whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for 1st Weaverham Sea Scouts with easyfundraising.
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/1stweaverhamseascouts/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to 1st Weaverham Sea Scouts at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and 1st Weaverham Sea Scouts will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.