Welcome to 1st Weaverham Sea Scouts!
(To see all news articles, please go to “All news“.)
Last Saturday, 8 January 2022, we held the official opening of our new Hall. We were very lucky with the weather, the rain held off and the sun even came out for a brief period! We were joined by MIke Amesbury our MP, Charles Fifield and Paul Williams, two of our CWaC councillors, Ruth Downes …
We held our AGM in the new Hall on 10th November, and here are the following Section reports: Explorers Like many of the other sections, Explorers saw a reduction in numbers when our meetings went online. We now have 13 members registered and usually get at least 10 at our regular Friday Night meetings. We …
It’s been a few months since I last posted. As always with projects like this, progress was fast at the start but it seemed to take forever to get everything finished. However, we got there and in fact we were able to open the Hall for several weeks even before the last job was done. …
About our group
Here we hope you will find everything you need to know about our Group; but if you have any questions, please Contact Us to leave a message and we’ll get back to you.
We are a friendly group and we value our links to our local community. We have four active sections, all of which are open to boys and girls:
- Beavers, for ages 6-8, meet on Tuesday evenings during term-time, between 6:15 and 7:15pm
- Cubs are aged between 8 and 10½, and meet on Mondays between 6:30 and 8:00pm
- Scouts, for ages 10½ to 14, meet on Friday evenings between 7:00 and 9:00pm (except during the summer when boating at Budworth, when we start at 6:30pm)
- And then there is a District Explorer unit, for those aged up to 18. Their meetings are often flexible but they can usually be found at the Scout Hall on Fridays after 9:00pm
Can you help us?
If you shop at Amazon, you can now support us whenever you make a purchase……
Just follow this link:
Or sign up to easyfundraising ……
Whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for 1st Weaverham Sea Scouts with easyfundraising.
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/1stweaverhamseascouts/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to 1st Weaverham Sea Scouts at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and 1st Weaverham Sea Scouts will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.